At Jackson Hospital and The Jackson Clinic, we know that a healthy vascular system is critical to overall wellness, because the vascular system is responsible for the flow of blood outside of the heart and throughout the body.
That's why we have established one of the Southeast's premier vascular surgery centers, employing some of the region's best vascular surgeons and health professionals and equipping them with some of the most advanced, state-of-the-art equipment in the world.
All of this combines with the services of Jackson Hospital to offer a lifeline to those in need of vascular surgery and care.
The Vascular Center at Jackson Hospital is prepared to perform a wide-range of vascular surgeries using state-of-the-art equipment and the most qualified staff in the region. Whether you require an emergency, life-saving procedure to treat trauma or a ruptured aneurysm, or decide to undergo an elective procedures to prevent stroke, provide relief from claudication or treat venous disease, Jackson Hospital is prepared to help.
The latest therapies and cutting-edge minimally invasive endovascular treatments are offered by our experienced vascular team, which includes board-certified vascular surgeons, nurse practitioners and vascular lab technicians.
Vascular and Endovascular Procedures Performed at Jackson Hospital
- Endovascular or open repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms, thoracic aortic aneurysms, and thoracoabdominal aneurysms, including fenestrated and branched stent grafts.
- Open surgical reconstructions and balloon angioplasty and stenting in all vascular areas.
- Carotid endarterectomy.
- Bypass surgery and endovascular therapy for peripheral artery disease and gangrene of the limbs.
- Endovascular and open surgical treatment for peripheral artery aneurysms.
- Endovascular surgical intervention—such as angioplasty and stenting—in all vascular areas.
- Endovenous laser therapy treatment or radiofrequency ablation for varicose veins and venous ulcers.
- Endovascular and open surgical reconstruction for deep vein occlusions.
- Hemodialysis access.
- Treatment of vascular malformations and nutcracker syndromes.
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- Acute blood clots.
- Acute venous diseases.
- Aortic aneurysms, aortic ulcers and dissections.
- Carotid, vertebral and aortic arch (great) vessel disease.
- Left renal vein compression (nutcracker syndrome).
- Mesenteric ischemia.
- Pelvic venous congestion syndrome.
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD) and critical limb ischemia.
- Renal artery stenosis.
- Thoracic and thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms.
- Thoracic outlet syndrome.
- Varicose veins, venous ulcers and venous leg swelling.
- Vascular infections and complications.
- Vascular malformations.
- Venous tumors.
Jackson Hospital is the first hospital in Alabama to receive the gold seal of approval for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) surgery from The Joint Commission. Specialization in this area of vascular surgery means Jackson Hospital offers some of the most advanced care in the region. The certification awards the hospital's dedication to continuous compliance with The Joint Commission's state-of-the-art standards.
For more information about the Jackson Hospital Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) surgery, visit www.jacksonhospitalcoe.com.