Himanshu Aggarwal, MD, MS, FPMRS
Chief of Urology, Chief of Urogynecology and Reconstructive Urology, & Director of Comprehensive Pelvic Floor Center
|Groups||Jackson Clinic Urology|
American Board of Urology / Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstruction
Dr. Himanshu Aggarwal is the first and only fellowship trained specialist in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (FPMRS/Urogynecology/Female Urology) in central Alabama and one of the few in the entire state of Alabama. He believes in providing a compassionate, patient-centered and personalized approach to his patients. He has extensive experience in managing and performing complex pelvic reconstructive surgery. He has been hired to start and direct the comprehensive pelvic floor reconstructive surgery center at Jackson Hospital.
Dr. Aggarwal is a skilled robotic surgeon. He is an expert in male/female urinary and fecal incontinence (NO-MESH techniques), robotic and vaginal pelvic floor reconstruction using NO-MESH techniques (using patient’s own tissues), pelvic/urethral mesh removal, urodynamics, neurourology, erectile dysfunction, male urethral stricture disease, as well as, general urology and uro-oncology.
Dr. Aggarwal completed his medical education and surgical residency in India, his surgical internship at Duke University, a urology residency at the Albany Medical Center, NY, and an ACGME accredited fellowship in FPMRS at UT Southwestern, Texas. Dr. Aggarwal has received several honors during his education including the first prize in basic science podium presentation at 2014 annual resident research competition, best in-service score award 2014 and 2013 during residency, first prize at the annual resident research day 2013 at the Albany Medical Center NY, first prize in the poster presentation at 2013 annual meeting of Northeast section of AUA, NY, first prize award in basic science research category at 2012 annual meeting of Northeast section of AUA, Canada, 2nd Prize in resident prize essay competition at 2011 annual meeting of Northeastern Section of AUA, LA, SUFU Resident Travel Award in September 2011, Sexual Medicine Society Traveling Fellowship Award in May 2011 and first prize (gold medal) for excellence in the scholarly activity during surgical residency in India, April 2007.
He is dual board certified in Urology as well as in FPMRS/Urogynecology/Female Urology. Dr. Aggarwal is active in research. He has presented at many conferences and has been published extensively in national and international journals, which include 5 book chapters and more than 30 peer reviewed journal articles in Urology and Urogynecology.
In his spare time, Dr. Aggarwal enjoys spending time with his family, ping-pong, yoga and music.
With Dr. Aggarwal, you can expect the best state of the art, empathetic and personalized patient care for any of your urological and urogynecological concerns. He is currently accepting new patients. Please call (334)-293-8273 to schedule an appointment.
Follow him on twitter: @HAUROFPMRS
- Female incontinence (mesh slings and NO-MESH techniques using patients own tissues)
- Male voiding dysfunction and incontinence (BPH)
- Overactive bladder (OAB)
- Pelvic organ prolapse (Using NO VAGINAL MESH techniques and patient’s own tissues)
- Vaginal mesh and sling complications
- Urethral diverticulum
- Vesico-vaginal fistula
- Fecal incontinence
- Pelvic floor disorders including constipation
- Neurogenic bladder
- Erectile dysfunction
- Male hypogonadism/Low testosterone
- Prostate cancer/Elevated PSA
- Kidney, bladder and testicular cancer
- Kidney stones
- General Urology (Testicular/scrotal diseases/Hydrocele)
- Urethral stricture disease
- Male infertility, penile disorders
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
- Interstitial cystitis/Pelvic pain
- Surgical Expertise
- Minimal invasive procedures for benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH) (Urolift, Rezum, Aqua-ablation, Laser)
- Botox injections for OAB and Neurogenic bladder
- Injections for incontinence
- Anorectal Manometry
- Anal US for Fecal incontinence
- Testosterone pellets implants
- No needle/no scalpel vasectomy
- Testis Biopsy
- Sacral nerve modulation (Interstim)
- All different vaginal surgery for prolapse and female incontinence
- Abdominal and robotic surgery for prolapse
- Penile prosthesis for erectile dysfunction
- Male sling and artificial urinary sphincter for male incontinence
- Kidney stone surgery: Ureteroscopy, shock wave lithotripsy, PCNL
- Robotic surgery: varicocele, prostate and kidney
- Endoscopic and open surgery for bladder