Jackson Hospital's history is integral to the history of medicine in Central Alabama. The hospital's origin dates back to 1894 when Watkins Infirmary received its 1st patients at the hospital's present location. On September 16, 1946, Jackson Hospital opened with 37 patient beds and 5 attending physicians.
Today, licensed for 344 beds, Jackson Hospital is a community not-for-profit hospital serving Montgomery and the Alabama River Region. Our comprehensive healthcare services include cardiac, cancer, neurosciences, orthopedics, and women's and children's care, along with 24-hour emergency services. It ranks among the largest hospitals in Alabama and is widely recognized for providing excellence in care. Even with our leading-edge technology and facilities, we remain true to our mission of providing superior personal healthcare in a safe, compassionate environment.