Jackson Hospital continuously strives for superior stroke care. From the point of admission, through the care continuum, all the way through discharge, our multidisciplinary team is dedicated to quality outcomes.
Stroke is the 5th leading cause of death in the United States and a leading cause of serious disability. That is why it is so important to reduce your risk factors, know the warning signs, and know how to respond quickly and properly if warning signs do occur.
Know the signs of stroke and BE FAST:
- Balance—Sudden loss of balance.
- Eyes—Sudden trouble seeing out of one or both eyes.
- Face drooping—Ask the person to smile. Is one side of their face suddenly numb or weak?
- Arm weakness—Is one arm or one side of the person's body suddenly numb or weak? Ask them to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward?
- Speech difficulty—Is the person's speech suddenly slurred or garbled? Can they repeat a sentence?
- Time—Go seek medical care by calling 911. Treatment within the first 3 hours of signs of a stroke is critical!
The Joint Commission, in conjunction with The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, recently recognized Jackson Hospital with Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers. Achievement of Primary Stroke Center Certification signifies an organization’s dedication to fostering better outcomes for patients. Jackson Hospital's Primary Stroke Center Certification has demonstrated that their program meets critical elements of performance to achieve long-term success in improving outcomes for stroke patients.