Jackson Hospital Foundation
Health Career Scholarships
The Jackson Hospital Foundation recognizes a great need for the training of new health care professionals in the River Region. To assist Jackson Hospital with ongoing recruitment of capable, competent local employees, we would like to offer scholarship assistance to qualified seniors at area high schools.
Ten—$1,000 scholarships will be awarded to graduating high school seniors who wish to pursue careers in: nursing (registered nurse or licensed practical nurse), imaging, medical technology or related field.
Of the 10 scholarships
- 8 will be awarded prioritizing the student’s financial need
- 2 will be merit-based
1) All applicants must be U.S. citizens scheduled to graduate in May, 2011, with a grade point average of at least 2.85%.
2) Each must furnish proof of application and/or acceptance to a post-secondary program of study at an accredited institution in one of the above health care fields.
3) Applicant must demonstrate financial need through proof of household income.
4) Applicant should write a one-page letter of purpose explaining career goals, reasons for choosing field and justification for receiving award.
5) Two signed letters of reference must be received, includingone from an instructor who has taught the applicant. (Cannot be related to applicant.)
6) Other scholarships received must be disclosed. Applicants should outline extracurricular activities and community service.
Process and Timetable
Applications can be found online here or at www.jackson.org/scholarships. The completed form must be signed by the applicant and principal of his/her respective school. It must be accompanied by the required letters of reference bearing original signatures in blue ink. The letter of purpose must be typewritten, double-spaced in at least 12-point type.
Applications must be received by the Jackson Hospital Foundation office by 5pm Friday, March 25. Awards will be given at the respective schools’ senior awards ceremony.
2011 Scholarship Winners
The Jackson Hospital Foundation presented scholarships to nine area high school seniors who are pursing careers in the healthcare field.
Back row (l to r): Hunter Shirah - Stanhope Elmore High School; Hunter Kendrick - Hooper Academy; Alec Harris - Hooper Academy; Brandon Hancock - Wetumpka High School Front row (l to r): Kelsey Stephens - Luverne High School; Autumn Rainha - LAMP Magnet High ...School; Aerial Buchanan - Benjamin Russell High School; Jasmine McKinley - LAMP Magnet High School; Brittany Landry - Marbury High School; Jurwardolyn Leonard - Lanier High School; Kaitlyn Owings - Macon East Montgomery High School Not Pictured: Andrew Padgett - Dadeville High School
Back to top